Examples: [Collected via e-mail, 1994]
- The woman featured in the legend is often identified as a
"co-worker,"but some versions describe her as a nurse or a bank clerk (who lives alone or with a female roommate), a soon-to-be-married woman, or a newlywed. Versions in which the woman is said to live alone sometimes mention her particular fondness for her pet dog(s). Teenage girls often show up as the focus of this legend, too, with their school chums or boyfriends finding out their dire secret girl sex dog via the surprise party route.
- Every now and then, a version starring a man in the central role will appear. These are highly unusual, though — almost without exception, the central figure girl sex dog is a girl or woman.
- The surprisers usually hide girl sex dog in either the basement or the living room; in the latter case girl sex dog the woman's secret is most often discovered when the surprisers burst into the kitchen. (A few versions have her being discovered in or just outside her bedroom.)
- The woman calls her dog by name in some versions; the most frequently mentioned names are Lucky, Chief, Kippy, or Skippy. (The last of these names is a double pun, 'Skippy' being girl sex dog the brand name girl of both dog food and peanut butter in the U.S.)
- The substance the woman smears girl sex dog on herself is nearly always peanut butter, although margarine, whipped cream, marmalade, pate, macaroni, pineapple, and dog food are also mentioned. (An Australian version stars a horse and lump sugar, and another Vegemite.) It is usually spread over the woman's genitalia, but some versions also include the breasts or nipples, or state that the woman is "covered from head to toe."
- The woman is usually described as having disappeared after the embarrassing incident, by quitting her job, calling off her wedding, selling her house, or moving out of town.
In June 1994, the legend about the peanut butter dog suddenly popped up both on the Internet and in the print media, seemingly out of nowhere. Almost all the early versions girl sex dog reported as having occurred in Canada (particularly Ottawa), or being told by persons living in Canada. (Versions set in Ottawa usually describe the woman as a government employee, so perhaps resentment of civil servants was one element of this form.)
Its origins are older though. One of our readers heard it in Burbank, California in 1981. It was also in Lethbridge, Alberta, in 1987, in Michigan in 1986, and in Texas in the early 1980s. A non-dog 1984 version from Australia features a horse and lump sugar, with the action taking place down in the paddock.
Another reader girl sex dog recalls the legend being related in the late 1980s as a persistent rumor attached girl sex dog to a girl girl sex dog attending her high school in Cornwall, Ontario (a town only a short drive from Ottawa). In honor of these whispers, the girl was nicknamed "Skippy". Around the same time, stories about бижутерию guess a high girl sex dog school boy in Philadelphia caught with peanut butter on his penis awaiting the dog were all the rage.
Possibly girl sex dog the most unusual girl sex dog sighting comes from a woman who attended microbiology classes at the University of Chicago in
An item of interest is an article which appeared in The Guardian a few months after this legend splashed onto the Internet in 1994. It was an interview with
This legend resurfaced in a reworked form in early 1999, this time attributed to a contestant on a Spanish "Candid Camera" type TV program: The Ricky Martin story was, of course, a crock.
Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2011 by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson.
This material may not be reproduced without permission.
snopes and the snopes.com logo are registered service marks girls of snopes.com.
Brunvand, Jan Harold. . New York: W. W. Norton, 1999. ISBN 0-393-04734-2 (pp. 120-121). Ellis, Bill. "The Peanut Butter and Dog Surprise." FOAFTale News. October 1994 girl sex dog (pp. 8-12). Freedland, Jonathan. "Interview: The Man Who's Glad That You're Sorry Now." The Guardian. 30 July girl sex dog 1994 (p. 27). Roeper, Richard. "Tale of Peanut Butter Spreads Latest Legend." Chicago Sun-Times. 26 July girl sex dog 1994 (p. 11). Wilkes, Jennifer Clarke. "Crunchy or Smooth?" Frank. 7 July girl sex dog 1994 (p. 13).
Also told in:
Flynn, Mike. . London: Carlton, 1999. ISBN 1-85868-558-3. (p. 299).